This is the first IST’s release of UAZ – 469 model.
This model is simply a must for any serious collection of soft-skin military vehicles. UAZ-469 served in countless numbers of Armies, Paramilitary organization and gorillas forces all over the world and saw combat service in small and large conflicts and wars during last three decades of 20th century. UAZ – 469 still in service in many armies all over the world.
USSR – “UAZ (УАЗ), Ulyanovsky Avtomobilny Zavod (Уляновский Автомобильный Завод) is an automobile manufacturer based in Ulyanovsk, Russia which makes SUVs, buses and trucks. Production started in 1941.
In 1941, after the start of Great Patriotic War, Stalin's government made every effort possible to try to save Soviet industry from being captured by the German army. So, in 1941, because of rapid advances by the Germans on Moscow, a decision was made to relocate ZIS - a Moscow car and freighter manufacturing plant - further away from the front line. Such a place was Ulyanovsk, a town in Volga region with existing infrastructure and skilled workers, but out of reach of German army. At that time, the plant was considered a subsidiary of ZIS. By 1942, the production of artillery shells and cars began.
In 1943, when the prospect of Germans winning the war was less likely, a decision was made to separate the relocated plant from ZIS. This was a part of general after-war policy conducted by Stalin's government in which relocated plants were separated into different units, since all the required buildings had already been erected. The existing plants before relocation were filled with (often - German) equipment, thus bursting the industry.
A logical choice for the newly created plant was to produce military and paramilitary cars, mostly due to its distance from the border. Therefore, in mid-1950es the production of the only Soviet offroad car, GAZ-69, was moved to Ulyanovsk. This car marked a beginning of a famous line of offroad vehicles manufactured by the plant. …
The UAZ-469 is an all-terrain vehicle manufactured by UAZ. It was used by the Red Army and other Warsaw Pact forces, as well as paramilitary units in Eastern Bloc countries. In the Soviet Union, it also saw widespread service in all state organizations that needed a robust off-road car. For such organizations was produced UAZ – 469B, actually the same car but with 220 mm road clarance instead of 300 mm of UAZ-469.
The UAZ-469 was introduced in 1973, replacing the earlier GAZ-69. The UAZ-469 presented two great advantages: It was able to drive in virtually any terrain and it was very easy to fix. The UAZ-469 reached legendary status for its reliability and off-road ability. The vehicle was not available for purchase by the public, but many were sold as surplus to private owners.” Source Wikipedia
The cars were sold as surplus only after the fall of the USSR.
History: In August 1941 GAZ begin production of GAZ 64-416, small 4 wheels, all-wheel drive 4-seater phaeton, which was in production till late 1942, with only 684 units produced. It is basically a Ford A or a ‘Fordski’. On November 23, 1943 Gaz started production of updated and improved version designeted as GAZ 67, which was replaced in production in 1944 with Gaz 67B. During the time of the WW II 4851 units were produced. Production continued untill autumn 1953 with total of 92843 Gaz 67 and 67B produced.
This primerely supplied to the Red Army (Soviet Army since 1943) and get a nickname HBV (Russian: “Hochy but’ Willysom” / “Wanabe Willys”, they say that Germans called it “Ivan-Willys”. Under the Land-Lease Contract Russians received over 50,000 Willys Jeep and Jeep produced by Ford under the license from Willys, that mostly satisfied need of such class vehicle for the Red Army. However, after the end of the war most surviving vehicles were returned to US and production of Gaz 67B dramatically increased after the end of the WW II. In 1953 Gaz started production of Gaz 69 which replaced Gaz 67B In 1954 production of GAZ 69 was moved to Ulyanovky Avtomobilny Zavod (UAZ) in Volga Region and it was produced virtually without changes until 1973 when it was replace with UAZ-469 which was farther development and improved version of GAZ 69 with totally redesigned body. In 1985 due to new industry designation standars it was renamed to UAZ-3151 and production for use in Russian army continues.
IST Models produced by the same company that owns ixo_Models and J-Collection Models.
High quality models competitive to famous “M_inichamps” brand.
“COLD WAR, IRON CURTAIN, EAST BLOCK!
… all these words have now disappeared from our vocabulary and belong to history.
Amongst the things that will remain from this period are the automobiles that were produced, mostly in USSR, East Germany and Czechoslovakia, but also in Poland, Romania or Yugoslavia.
Simple, rustic, sometimes with anachronous design, they were built to endure tough roads and last forever.
Paying tribute to these unforgettable pages of automobile history, IST (pronounce it “East”) brings to your collections a whole range of accurate 1/43rd replicas of the East Block cars.”